Good News

musicaldonna
on 2/16/12 5:36 am - PA
     Was notified on Feb. 14th that I passed my Praxis test for Middle School Math.  Now I am qualified (according to the state) to teach Math up to and including 9th grade.  I shared this bit of good news with the Barix support people last night and just wanted to let my peeps here know.  It has been a long time since I felt I had anything good to share with people.  These past months have had lots of ups and downs with a great deal of darkness thrown in.  Hopefully, with this new certification, my job prospects will be better.  I know that I have over 25 years experience, but also know that my age and experience could work against me.  It's hard sending out resumes for a possible September job.  Now many schools are looking at staffing yet so I just have to keep on doing my research, pray and hope for the best.  

My postings are infreaquent but I do read the board everyday and am grateful for my OH family.  Take care.

Love, Donna
steffihope
on 2/16/12 6:20 am - Philadelphia, PA
COME TO PHILLY!!!!!!!  I am soooo excited for you!!!!!!  I LOVE it!  Mazel Tov.....you should have MANY more prospects now - EVERYONE wants a Middle School Math teacher!!!!!!!  Welcome to my world! :)
IdaMae D.
on 2/16/12 8:05 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Congratulations Donna!!!!

IdaMae

Lisa H.
on 2/16/12 10:00 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Donna, that is soooo awesome!! I'm so happy for you.  I know you need this good news!!!!

My tracker

hers 

bvohl
on 2/17/12 12:04 am
Awesome News Donna!!

I have been thinking about you and hoping that you are doing well!! It is really hard for me to get to support group on Wed nights.

I don't know if you would be willing to work in NJ, but Camden is ALWAYS looking for good math teachers...

Just a thought!
Glad you are lurking!!

Miss you!!
Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

musicaldonna
on 2/17/12 9:38 am - PA
     Thanx everyone for the good wishes.  I am looking at applying to charter schools and independent Catholic schools.  Too old to try the public school system.  Right now I am working on some questions regarding my philosophy of education (students need to keep the teacher happy and their lives will be fine)  Of course I will clean that up for the interview.  Been a long time since I thought about my philosophy of educ.  God knows it has changed dramatically since I started in 1978.  Have learned a lot from my students and the mistakes that I made.  I know that I am a much better teacher today than I was when I first began.

Beth, I am going to try to get to Barix 1st Saturday in March.  That will be the 3rd anniversary of the 1st Barix support group I attended.  Steffi,  hang in there with the difficult 8th graders - you are a good teacher.  Ida, good luck getting finished your Masters and with the house.  Lisa, glad that things are going better for Siehara - you made the right choice by sending her to Kids Peace.

Take care my friends.

Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views